Thursday 16 July 2015


An Update on Training

Giving my house a gym makeover


It was during the Easter break I decided to head down to my newly refurbished local gym. I got given the tour and it all looked pristine with swanky new gym equipment, including rowing machines of course! Sadly at the end when I heard the price I knew that, unless I wanted to be living off beans and toast for the entirety of living out next year, I couldn't afford the subscription fee. So I started looking on my favourite website eBay for an ergo.

A couple of weeks later I had picked up a Concept 2 rowing machine for a very reasonable price. Much to my mother's 'delight' it is now sitting smack bang in the middle of our dining room. My training camp for the summer is set up. 

After 3 weeks of nothing in Durham (mainly drinking) I knew that my fitness will have taken a knock. So the past 2 weeks have been spent getting back up to speed. I have aimed to do 30:00 minutes a day with a few longer pieces here and there. Getting back into a routine with the training and also working a full-time job has really helped me get back to a good fitness level. However, I know I have a mountain to climb in training for the full 24 hours! 

It is fantastic to see some sponsors already starting to roll in and hopefully I can announce some exciting plans that are in the pipeline.

I am looking forward to a family holiday in the South of France for the next 2 weeks where I shall be carrying out much more running...

Cumulative total: 94,012m 2:10/500m (avg)


Watch this space for more updates!







No comments:

Post a Comment